Friday, December 31, 2010

So Long 2010...Welcome 2011!


2010 is almost in the history books..I am thinking back over the last year. The highs and the lows. The joyful times and the unhappy times. Remembering last year as I left my sister in the hospital on New Years Eve to return home to Reno. Her ovarian cancer had returned and she was recovering from surgery. Remembering my daughter-in-law miscarrying and my youngest son serving a 6 month sentence for drugs..yes the 1st of 2010 was not the best of times. But then came my 40th anniversary on Feb.14th..wow how time has flown bye. Then a trip to Disneyland with 3 of my children and 6 of my grand kids! Great Times! And from Disneyland I flew to Vegas to hop in the car with my youngest sister Nell on our adventure to Phoenix to take care of our sister Brenda as she recovered from more surgery at the Mayo Clinic. What a time we had. Laughing, crying. talking, listening, hugging, eating, crafting and just having such special sister time together. As sisters we have always been close, but now we are even closer. The 3 Amiga's!

Then there was my nieces wedding in April and my parents 60th anniversary party the next day. Spending more quality time with my sisters, brother, parents, and nieces, nephews and spouses. Good Times! Summer brought another anniversary party, this time for the motorcycle women's group that I am an officer in. Great times with fellow riders from all over the western US and Canada. Special time with the Twisted Sisters from Oklahoma. Sad times as my middle son and his little family moved to Washington. Happy times when my youngest son moved back home and has done so well. Sad times when my youngest daughters marriage fell apart. Good times when she and her sons were able to move back home. Great times when John and I took our 4 oldest grand kids camping with us in Oregon. Overwhelming times when John was called to be Bishop of our Church. Blessed times when all our children, grandchildren, my parents and sisters and brother-in-law were all with us when John was sustained and set apart. Great news when my daughter-in-law was pregnant again with a healthy pregnancy. Sad times when my sisters cancer returned again after Christmas. Seems as if we have come full circle. I know that every year has ups and downs. We must have trials to appreciate the blessings that we have. May I remember to count each blessing and know that the challenges are for my good also. Goodbye 2010..Welcome 2011! Will remember to find joy in the journey. Life is for living! Happy New Year.

1 comment:

PEACE said...

Here's to hoping that 2011 will be an extremely up year with more good sister times and family times for us all!