Sunday, October 17, 2010

Changing Seasons

Autumn is here. Leaves are now orange, yellow , crimson, and brown. Evenings require a sweater and socks. Frost kisses the last of my summer flowers. A new season. And here I am looking at the new season in my life. Children are grown. Grandchildren are abundant. My husband was just called to be Bishop in our Ward ( We are Mormon). We felt the spirit telling us this was going to happen, but, we were sure that as with the changing of summer to fall, we were past that season. Bishops are younger now. My husband is grandpa and I'm grandma to 8 grandchildren. But Heavenly Father knows what is needed, and at this time he showed his sense of humor and called John as Bishop. I know he will be a wonderful Bishop, he loves the Lord, he loves the ward members and the kids love him! He is very much humbled by this as am I.
But then I think, what a nontraditional Bishop and Bishops Wife. We are both converts to the church. We have a business that is spiraling down, our children, as good and loving as they are, have, for the most part, become inactive. John builds hot rods, we ride harleys. We also love the Lord and will serve him. Season change.. and so must we. Life is full. I am blessed

1 comment:

PEACE said...

Glad to see you have kept your blog going. I checked for a while and didn't see any updates and quit checking....I'll do better!