Sunday, August 24, 2008

Why Drive When We Can Fly For Free????


My dearest hubby has been wanting to go on a road trip! I really didn't think I had been ignoring his request until he decided to boycott any future trip with me until we take said road trip. As I looked back over the last several years..ok..decades, I decided he was definitely right, it seems as if we are taking separate vacations. We both go on motorcycle trips with friends-separately. We went on a cruise with our daughter and grandson. Camping trips to Oregon with the grand kids. But no road trips together. The problem is I hate to drive long distance. Why drive when we can fly?? Or fly and start the road trip half way there? We have enough frequent flier trips with Southwest that we could fly almost anywhere...but no..it has to be a driving trip. I'm trying to be very upbeat...where should we go?...When are we going...Let's make a plan. But I still don't quite get the not flying part...or why not fly and cruise....nope, it has to be a car trip. And I will have fun. I WILL ENJOY watching the miles go by. Sometimes we have to give in....and I know it will be a new experience. But in my logical mind I keep thinking...."we have all these free flights"......

1 comment:

PEACE said...

Oh Come on, road trips are the best! I love the drive whenever I go camping as much as camping. My rule of thumb is that however many days are spent driving you get equal days at the destination. That way you can enjoy some things along the way, but it isn't so exhausting as traveling every day and not really getting the time to discover every thing in one place and just have those very needed resting days, doing nothing vut reading or taking some walks.

In Summer I would definately look for a place that is cooler that where you are at...like BROOKINGS!


We drove to Monterey and stayed at the Monterey Bay Lodge, nice and fairly reasonable in price. You could walk across street to the beach, lots of museums and old houses, a great farmers market.

I wold recommend that place.