Thursday, August 7, 2008

Beads And More Beads!


If you know me, you would know that I can't stop at just one..or two..or three! And I'm not talking about potato chips! I started knitting scarfs a few years ago..I have now knitted at least 150 scarfs..and still going. I also knitted hats...and more hats... Then there were shawls..in every color of the rainbow.. I made pillow quilts one years..one for every family member, grandkids, parents, brother, sisters, friends, countrymen...you get the picture! My sister, Peace as she is known in Blog land and Brenda as she is know to me, was up for a quick visit. She introduced me to beading..making necklaces, bracelets...and now..just three days later...I'm running out of room for my creations..my eyes are red from the strain..you can't find my kitchen table with pliers, crimpers, beads, wire, beads, boxes of beads..from morning until late at night..(my husband is out of town so I have even more time to create). I know have a necklace and matching bracelet for every dress, sweater, tee shirt and even my birthday suit... It is a sickness.. I think I'm going to learn how to quilt next..Thanks sissy!....mmmmm, who can I create another necklace for???

5 comments:

PEACE said...

Good job, sis...fun, huh? I told you it was addictive! How many more beads have you bought???

joyful said...

oh...lots and lots more beads. I've made the teal bracelets like you made me for my girls. They love them. I ordered the ribbon charms with the teal crystals. Turned out really cute. I've bought two more boxes to put beads in and on my second package of crimp bead. Bought new glasses with higher magnification. That has belped with the eye strain! Very addictive.

PEACE said...

I wish I had my beads here when I am at the hotel at night...all alone, yep, yep, yep.

If you get to come down, bring your beads!

PEACE said...

Hey, you got a new grandbaby yet?

joyful said...

Stork hasn't circled yet! I've made my reservations, but it's all up in the air..waiting for baby! I'm set to fly in on Thursday and go home on Saturday. If baby comes soon!!